Whether you are a freshly established
start-up with limited funds or an established business with horrible
experiences with marketing agencies (sorry about our less scrupulous
competitors), the need for marketing your business is there and only growing.
Good thing you have such Cool friends then, because we have 7 DIY Digital Marketing tips that will cost you little to nothing!
Let’s jump right into it then.
Claim Your Listings
Do you have any idea how damaging it is for your business when potential customers searching online for your company find invalid information or worse, that it is out of business for example?
Let’s just say it’s not a good look!
For the most part, businesses have listings on Google – if you don’t yet… not cool.
There are a ton of other “directories” you can be listed on, though! Here are a few:
- Yellow Pages
That’s right, social media counts as a directory in this case. Basically, anywhere you can list contact and location information is a directory. Each of these has free services, no need to break the bank!
Get Reviews (And Reply To All Of Them)
Do you know what the single most powerful influence you can leverage is?
The influence of the masses.
Specifically, the power of social proof.
This is a term coined by Robert Cialdini, author of the fantastic book Influence. If you have not read that book, please do yourself the favor of doing so.
What social proof basically describes is the psychological and social phenomenon where people tend to mimic actions of others around them to maintain social norms.
Reaching out to existing, happy clients to leave a review on one or all of the directories listed above will do wonders for your reputation online and allow you to wield the power of social proof. If a number of people think your product/service is good, then others will too!
say that studying your competition is a waste of time.
Do you know what is an even bigger waste of time?
Trying to reinvent the wheel!
Take time to study the most successful companies in your industry, or even some of your direct competitors you know to be outperforming you.
There is no room for egos in business, so do not hesitate to admit you are not performing at optimal levels. The first step to solving a problem is admitting there is one in the first place.
Here are a few things to take note of:
- Active ads being run
- Are they using funnels, landing pages, or simply directing traffic to their website?
- Quality, topic, and frequency of content
- Overall social media presence
- Follower count, engagement on posts, engagement with followers
- Ranking on Google
- How far ahead are they from you on a given keyword search result?
Warning: There is such a thing as corporate espionage, we are not advocating that in any way!
Messenger Bots on Facebook
Have you ever visited a company’s Facebook page to immediately be prompted with some sort of welcome message?
How about when you receive a reply automatically after sending a message?
This does not happen by accident, that company knows what they’re doing!
The automated message feature is an awesome way to establish immediate contact with visitors to your page! You can think of it as an automated receptionist.
You can personalize it to a certain degree, or choose from the set templates Facebook sets up for you.
For a detailed break-down of how to set up your page’s messenger bot, check out this video below.
We are about to drop some truth on you… ready?
To the degree to which you can set up automated systems in a business, you will find success in scaling that business.
Did a light-bulb just go off in your head? That’s because this statement is absolutely true.
The advancement in automation technology is pretty astonishing when you consider the modern computer was invented only 48 years ago.
The future is here folks, so you may as well start drinking the virtual kool-aid!
From social media posting, lead generation, and email campaigns if you want to automate it you probably can.
Here are our top 5 great automation platforms:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Lead Generation
Prices vary, and most offer a free trial.
Give these a glance and automate your business so you can scale your business!
Long-form content in the form of podcasts is all the rage nowadays.
If you look at some of the most popular influencers in the game today, you can bet that they have at least 1 podcast channel posting frequently.
That alone should be a reason for you to enter the space.
Still not convinced? Here are a few jaw-dropping statistics on podcasting:
- 51% of US population has listened to a podcast
- 32% listen to a podcast every month
- 22% listen to podcasts every week
- Ages between 18-44 account for 83% of total podcast audiences (25-34 year olds take the most at 28%)
There are a few things we want you to keep in mind, so that you stay motivated.
- Don’t expect a million views/subscribers from your first podcast, you are in the long game
- Stay relevant and fun – keep the topics of discussion industry-specific while allowing some creative license to keep your audience engaged and entertained!
- Collaborate with associates/influencers in your space – do not try to build your podcasting empire alone, nobody wants to listen to one person talk unless they really have something awesome to say. Bring in associates or influencers in your space (if you can land them) to bring some star power to your podcast.
The benefits of running surveys are actually two-fold.
- You are gathering valuable data about your target audience (you do have a target audience identified, right?).
- You quickly differentiate yourself from the run-of-the-mill small to medium sized business fighting for attention, to one that is actively researching and staying up to date/in touch with industry standards.
One of the more subtle goals of marketing is to
become an “influencer” or “authority” in the space that your company is in.
Running surveys is a great and free way to achieve this goal as well!
Remember, these 7 tips are not meant to unseat your biggest competitor’s lead or disrupt the industry titans…
To achieve those massive goals, you will just have to get in touch with us!
Until Next Time, Stay COOL!
– Cool Ideas Marketing